Pictures of Jerusalem and Israel from Tim’s trip
New Date: Sunday, July 28th, 1pm
Note: This event has been moved to Sunday, July 28th. Tim will be sharing pictures from his recent trip to Jerusalem, Israel following our hospitality time on Sunday, July 21st. Plan on lingering after service to hear about the experience of the Holy Land, popcorn will be provided.
MCC Illiana at NWI Pride
MCC Illiana staffed a table this past Saturday at the NWI Pride festival in Highland. The event was very well attended and many people stopped by the table to talk to us about MCC. It was full day with much thanks to all the volunteers who helped staff our table, hand out MCC flyers and share with NWI the wonderful message of God's love to our communities throughout the region, we had a fabulous table!
Annual MCC Illiana Awards Dinner and Gala
Saturday, October 19th, 5:30pm, Woodland Park, Portage
Mark you calendars for our Annual Awards Dinner and Gala on Saturday, October 19th. Join us as we honor those in our community who have worked for diversity, inclusion and human rights. We will be at a new location: The Sycamore Hall at Woodland Park in Portage. Available through our website, www.mccilliana.org or at church. Tickets are $45.
MCC Illiana seeks Music Leader / Choir Director
Our church is in search for a paid choir director / pianist for our Sunday morning worship service. This expansion of our worship team will accompany our worship and will lead our choir. If you or anyone you know might be interested in being considered for this opportunity at a wonderful church, check out the full job description by clicking on this link. http://www.mccilliana.org/edocs/MusicDirector.pdf
Get OnRealm with MCC Illiana
We are creating a church online community where you can connect with others in the church, join various groups, view your donations to the church and, coming soon, sign up to volunteer! If you would like to get-connected you can now create a secure sign-in at http://onrealm.org/mccilliana. Also, you can download the Realm app from your app store.
Come in to Grace New Door Campaign Success!
Our church has raised the fund to replace our back door and it is on order from the manufacturer in Ohio! Thanks to all who helped to make our Come In To Grace New Door Campaign a wonderful success!
Support MCC Illiana via PayPal
Make your tax-deductible donation to Metropolitan Community Church online through PayPal. This is a quick and easy way to financially support our church with your giving. Consider making setting it up as a recurring donation for your added convenience. PayPal is a secure service and you can use any major credit card. Click here to open the PayPal donate window.
Worship with us this Sunday at 10:30am
Join us every Sunday for a time of inclusive Christian worship at 10:30am. Our worship time is one of the ways that we as Christians explore a deeper relationship with God as a caring community. Celebrate with us through music, prayer and communion. We worship in an open and GLBTQ-affirming manner so we can create a place where all are welcome! For more information visit our website at www.mccilliana.org.
Food Collection for the Aliveness Project
We are taking donations of food and toiletries for families affected by HIV/AIDS. Please bring your donations of can goods, non-perishable food items and toiletries to church and leave them in the white crates by the front door. These donations will be taken to the Aliveness Project and their food pantry for their clients. The Aliveness Project is an AIDS service agency in Merrillville that provides social services to people living with HIV throughout NWI.
Administrative Volunteers Needed at the Church
If you can commit to volunteering in the church office once or twice a month (either on a Saturday or Sunday), we urgently need you! Basic computer skills needs, will train in the tasks needed.
MCC Illiana Prayer List
At Metropolitan Community Church Illiana, prayer is not only an important part of our weekly worship service but also an important part of our daily, spirit-filled lives. We invite you to pray with us each day for the needs of our community and our world.
• For MCC Illiana and the work of our denomination
• For Danny’s graduation with his doctorate
• Thanks for God bringing a Rich and Theresa home to family
• For Eric’s mom and family as she is in the hospital
• For Margo’s cousin Clara, uncle Ronny and aunt Connie – they are beloved by many and I want other to know they are beloved
• For our new moderator of our denomination, Rev. Elder Cecilia Eggleston
• For Mercedes for healing after her stroke
• For a niece who’s husband is seriously ill in the hospital
• For personal health issues
• For Michelle’s brother Bruce who has been placed in hospice care
• For Michelle to have strength
• For a niece whose husband is seriously ill
• For Chris
• For health to impove
• For Kathy and the celebrations of finding a half-brother
• For Ellen’s brother and family who are moving to California
• For healing for all who suffer from childhood and adult trauma
• For those dealing with eating disorders
• For Margo’s aunt Clara
• For the recent crimes in one’s apartment complex
• For Rev. Rachelle Brown
• For strength to fight depression, financial problems and need employment
• For protection from bad attitudes from family members and friends
• For Robbin who was just diagnosed with leukemia
• For Susan’s sister Carrie
• For Lyn and family following the death of her partner Bonnie
• For strength to deal with a difficult situation
• For Cheryl and Robyn
• For Whitney
• For Melinda
• For Ruth and her sister Lynn
• For Susan as she struggles with breathing problems
• For Mary who is improving daily from her stroke
• For De as she lives with cancer
• For those in our community who have experienced trans related violence
• For those with HIV/AIDS and for the work for a cure
• For our GLBTQ youth and the struggles they endure.